Grades: K - 8
Location: 9610 Sue Helen Drive
Phone: (502) 267-6633
Fax: (502) 267-4474
Site last updated: 3/2/08
In 1881 a lot in the town square of Jeffersontown at Watterson Trail and Taylorsville Road was purchased for the site of St. Edward Church. The church was completed in the autumn of 1884 and blessed on October 26th of that year. For over 70 years parishioners attended "the little church in the town square".
In the summer of 1960, construction of a new church began, to be situated on Sue Helen Drive in Charlane Heights, Jeffersontown, where it is still located. The first Mass was offered there on February 9, 1961.
In April of 1975, work was begun on the complete renovation of the church interior, based upon the Second Vatican Council's renewal and reform of the Sacred Liturgy. A new "church in the round" was formed by shifting the Sanctuary area to the side. The church was rededicated on the feast of the Assumption, August 15, 1975.
In the year 2000, work was completed on the renovation and expansion of the church and the addition of a gathering space. Dedication ceremonies were held on December 2, 2000.
St. Edward School, opened in September 1961, is located at 9610 Sue Helen Drive, in the suburban neighborhood of Charlane Heights in Jeffersontown Ky.
We are a part of the Archdiocese of Louisville, Ky. The school includes grades kindergarten to eighth with current enrollment of 515 students.